Keeping photography fun is an exciting task. Endless resources of information and much to learn without any pressure or expectations. The idea of recording the world onto single frames is an exercise that forces a closer look at light, colours and shapes. Either it be at home on quiet Prince Edward Island or the occasional travel to much larger destinations, a camera in hand has become as common as carrying identification. The desire to become better is stronger than ever but at the end of each day; it’s still all for fun.
Who is Stephen DesRoches?
Prince Edward Island is my home and where I have had the great opportunity to live the life of a full-time artist through a mix of both photography and design. My days are focused on:
- Being a husband and a dad. I have an active 5 year old daughter.
- Being a photographer. That is the focus of this website.
- Being a designer at silverorange and the creative lead for TinEye. TinEye is a reverse image and photography search engine that helps track where images are being used. I'm proud to have been part of the Firefox branding process.
- Being an amateur traveller. I’m always looking for the next adventure.
- Being a contributor to OFFBEAT. We are a group focused on teaching photography through community, articles and workshops.
- Being a designer for oopoomoo Inc. Together, we have published more than 20 photography focused ebooks.
- Being a tourism ambassador to Prince Edward Island. I also helped create the book 'A Photographer's Guide to Prince Edward Island'.
Available for Hire
I am an experienced commercial, real-estate, product and events photographer. For all requests, please contact me by email email@example.com
For all licensing requests, please contact me about any image you wish to use and describe how you plan on using it.
Travel With Me to Greenland
If you are interested in this adventure with myself, Paul Zizka and Curtis Jones where we will stand next to one of the world's most actively melting glaciers, we would love for you to come with us and travel above the arctic circle. Our workshop Itinerary.